N_Talkline cc t/a TELCORP Internet Service Provider (ISP): As a trusted guardian of customer personal information. Telcorp is committed to processing personal information honestly, ethically, with integrity, and always consistent with applicable laws and our privacy commitments.
Your privacy is important to us – just as knowing how we use your information is important to you. This Telcorp Privacy offers visibility of how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information based on your interactions with Telcorp , our products and services that you use or subscribe to and how you make use of these products and services.
For your ease of use, we've broken this information down into sections so you can find the details you need as quickly and easily as possible.
We are committed to informed and limited collection of essential personal information.
The information we collect about you and how we collect it can vary depending on the products and services that you use and subscribe to, how you have used the products and services, and how you have interacted with Telcorp even if you aren’t a customer, or what we have obtained from a third party with permission to share it with us.
We can get your personal information when you: • Buy a product or service from us (including buying products online, over the phone and in a retail store or other retail outlet).• Register for a specific product or service (such as registering your name and address details for a Pay as You Go phone or setting up an email account with us). • Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us. • Ask us for more information about a product or service or contact us with a question or complaint. • Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey. • Use our ISP and other Telcorp products or services. • Visit or browse our website (www.telcorp.co.za).
With your permission or consent and/or as permitted by law, we may also collect information about you from other organisations or third parties, if this is appropriate and allowed by law. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories, and credit reference agencies.
The information we collect about you depends on Telcorp’s products and services you use and subscribe to. It includes (but is not limited to) the following:
• Your name, date of birth, home language, address, account information and email address.
• Your preferences for products, services or lifestyle activities when you tell us what they are – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services.
• Your account information – such as phone number, handset type, handset model, whether you are a prepaid or post-paid customer, dates of payment owed and received, TopUp information, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account.
We’ll also get information on how you use our products and services, such as:
• The phone numbers that you call or send messages to (or the phone numbers that you receive calls and messages from).
• The date, time and length of the calls and messages you send or receive through our ISP, and your approximate location at the time these communications take place.
• The level of service you receive – for example, ISP faults and other ISP events which may affect our ISP services.
• Your website browsing information (which includes information about the websites you visit), and about how you use our Website or other Telcorp Group websites on your mobile devices or a PC.
• The date, time and length of your internet browsing, and your approximate location at the time of browsing. Use and analysis of your Personal Information, we may use and analyse your information to:
• Process the goods and services you have bought from us, and keep you updated with your order progress.
• Keep you informed generally about new products and services (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages).
• Provide the relevant service or product to you. This includes services that use information about where you are when using your mobile equipment (location information) and to contact you with messages about changes to the service or product.
• Contact you with offers or promotions based on how you use our products and services. These include your calling and messaging activities, location information and browsing information (unless you choose not to receive these messages).
• Bill you for using our products or services, or to take the appropriate amount of credit from you.
• To administer this Website and help us improve our services.
• Respond to any questions or concerns you may have about using our ISP, products, or services.
• At your option, we will let you know about other companies' products and services we think may interest you (including offers and discounts we have specially negotiated for our customers).
• Protect our ISP and manage the volume of calls, texts, and other use of our ISP. For example, we identify peak periods of use so we can try and ensure the ISP can handle the volume at those times.
• Understand how you use our ISP, products, and services. That way, we can develop more interesting and relevant products and services, as well as personalising the products and services we offer you.
• Carry out research and statistical analysis including to monitor how customers use our ISP, products, and services on an anonymous or personal basis.
• Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes, recover debts or trace those who owe us money.
• Provide aggregated reports to third parties (such reports do not contain any information which may identify you as an individual).
• Training purposes.
The information we use will include your approximate location, based on the nearest mobile cell site. As a result, this will change as you move around with your mobile phone.
We make use of technologies that enable us to identify your telephone number (MSISDN) if you are accessing some of our websites or apps. This “MSISDN Lookup” capability is only used by us and our trusted partners and is intended to make it easier for you to make use of our services.
We’ll store your information for as long as we have to by law. If there’s no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as we need it.
Sharing your Personal Information
We may share information about you with:
• with our suppliers, for the purpose of service delivery related information.
• Partners or agents involved in delivering the products and services you’ve ordered or used.
• Partners or agents that conduct ISP performance and customer satisfaction surveys and any other surveys related to the products or services provided to you.
• Companies who are engaged to perform services for, on behalf of Telcorp.
• Where applicable, credit reference, fraud prevention or business scoring agencies, or other credit scoring agencies.
• Debt collection agencies or other debt recovery organisations.
• Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities if we have to, or are authorised to by law.
• Emergency services (if you make an emergency call), including your approximate location.
• We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
• If we’re reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation.
At your option, and only with your consent, we may also share your information with partner organisations we’ve chosen carefully, so they can contact you about their products and services.
We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our flotation on a stock exchange, sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution, disposal of all or part of our assets or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure if we are required to do so by law.
Where appropriate, before disclosing personal information to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
In the event of a merger/acquisition or company reorganisation, your personal information may be part of the transferred assets and are likely to be disclosed to the new company.